Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Notes on noses


Koreans always say that American noses are huge! While it's true that in general American noses are bigger than Korean noses, I personally don't think mine is that big! The hanbok lady thought she was really funny! Once we got past the language barrier, things got better. I'll tell you more about that later.

Speaking of noses, did you know that it's in really bad form to steal a kid's nose in Korea? You know that game where you pinch a kid's nose with your index and middle finger, and then stick your thumb between them and say, "I've got your nose!" Apparently that's a huge insult here, kind of like flipping the bird (can I say that? Sorry!).

I think we should be accepting of all noses, no matter what size or shape they are.

That reminds me of  a scripture we read the other day in the Old Testament. The Children of Israel were whining because they were getting tired of manna, so the Lord said he'd send them quail for like a month, "until it come out at your nostrils"! Eww!

Anyway, the Church is true!

2 comments:

  1. This Korean woman has a good sense of humor! I'm sure Kerry that you will get along just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we will!

    ReplyDelete