Thursday, October 3, 2013

Welcome to the Land of the Morning Calm!


It took SO long to get here! I was incredibly glad to be able to shower and get into clean clothes. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to wear that outfit again!

So many things have happened! I hear that the joint North/South factory is opening again, Dennis Rodman is going BACK to North Korea, and the North has started up a nuclear plant again. I guess I’m going to miss out on a lot of the news things while I’m a missionary. But I got to see a LOT of CNN in a lot of airports! Enough to last me through my entire mission, I’m sure!

I was saddened to hear that there were a bunch of missionaries who died – a couple in a car crash and some other accidents. I’m so sorry for them and their families! But I’m sure Heavenly Father has a reason for whatever happened.

Anyway, I am so, so, so VERY stoked to be in Korea at last! I guess I just missed Korean Thanksgiving (they do it early like the Canadians, I guess). But I'm sure we'll have another one in November.

I am BEYOND excited to get my new assignment! I’ll get my very own companion and start doing the missionary thing! I’ll get my assignment tomorrow! I. CAN'T. WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment